About this Event
The Veteran Rapid Retraining Assistance Program (VRRAP), was enacted on March 11, 2021, and was effective, immediately.
VRRAP was part of the American Rescue Plan, a $1.9 trillion economic stimulus package, with aid targeted to assist individuals and businesses recover from the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The program ends 21 months after enactment and is limited to a maximum of 17,250 participants and up to $386 million.
Am I eligible for this program?
To be eligible for VRRAP, a Veteran must meet the following criteria:
· At least 22 years of age and less than 67 years of age
· Unemployed due to COVID-19 pandemic
· Not eligible for GI Bill or VR&E benefits
· Not enrolled in a Federal or State jobs program
· Not receiving VA disability compensation because you are unable to work
· Not receiving unemployment compensation or benefits under the CARES Act